Wednesday 8 January 2014

Energy for the Farm - From where it will come ?

After thinking for hours and working on various proposals, I have prepared this energy chart. This chart shows only what is available locally. For example it doesnot cover tidal power which is not available in my farm but is definitely an option.  The chart will be useful to clarify to myself where to focus and to shape the conviction. 

This is my own conclusion and can vary from place to place.  Note, I am not even considering running oil motor.  Oil motors require petrol or dieseal which are both dirty - high carbon footprint and costly/bad/subject to extinction.

On the other hand oil from bio-organic source is not advisable. That will lead to Food or Fuel conflict in the world and must be approached with caution.  Already there is conflict between Food, Fuel and Fodder.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment